Kalispell, MT - A man is hospitalized and his wife is jailed after a stabbing at a Whitefish residence.
Police Chief Bill Dial says officers received a report of a man being stabbed at about 6 p.m. Monday. Officers found the man on the floor with a stab wound to the chest.
He underwent emergency surgery at Kalispell Regional Medical Center and was then placed in the intensive care unit.
Dial says the man's wife was arrested and was being held in a Kalispell jail pending charges filed by the Flathead County attorney.
Initial reports indicate the stabbing began as a domestic dispute.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday