KALISPELL, Mont. - A Whitefish stabbing victim has died and Flathead County prosecutors say his wife faces amended charges.
Sheriff Chuck Curry says 37-year-old Chad Newton died Sunday, a day after being taken off life support at Kalispell Regional Medical Center. A judge granted Newton's father the authority to make end-of-life decisions for his son during a hearing last Friday.
AnnMari Newton has pleaded not guilty to felony assault with a weapon and is free on a $25,000 bond. Deputy County Attorney Travis Ahner says he plans to amend the charges this week. He said prosecutors will look at the circumstances surrounding the Nov. 25 stabbing to determine if AnnMari Newton should be charged with deliberate homicide, mitigated homicide or negligent homicide.
Ahner said prosecutors will seek an increased bond.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties