KALISPELL, Mont. - A Whitefish stabbing victim has died and Flathead County prosecutors say his wife faces amended charges.
Sheriff Chuck Curry says 37-year-old Chad Newton died Sunday, a day after being taken off life support at Kalispell Regional Medical Center. A judge granted Newton's father the authority to make end-of-life decisions for his son during a hearing last Friday.
AnnMari Newton has pleaded not guilty to felony assault with a weapon and is free on a $25,000 bond. Deputy County Attorney Travis Ahner says he plans to amend the charges this week. He said prosecutors will look at the circumstances surrounding the Nov. 25 stabbing to determine if AnnMari Newton should be charged with deliberate homicide, mitigated homicide or negligent homicide.
Ahner said prosecutors will seek an increased bond.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march