KALISPELL, Mont. - The Whitefish Mountain Resort has settled a federal lawsuit over the 2010 death of a skier who fell into a tree well.
The Daily Inter Lake reports that terms of the settlement are confidential, but a U.S. District Court judge in June granted a motion to dismiss the case against the resort.
The family of Niclas Waschle filed the lawsuit in 2013 over the 16-year-old boy's death, arguing the resort provided no warnings about the dangers of tree wells.
A statement from the resort released Tuesday says the resort takes no responsibility in the boy's death despite the settlement. Instead the settlement was made because the resort believes the Waschle family could prove its claims in court.
- What to buy during Memorial Day sales
- Spokane Valley firefighters prepare for season
- Woman living on property with contaminated well worried about family's health
- Hoopfest needs YOU to volunteer
- Suspect who attempted to shoot deputy receives 13 year sentence
- Lawn mower starts large vegetation fire along Sullivan