WHITE SWAN, Wash. - A 71-year-old woman who was injured in a house fire Tuesday at White Swan died at a Seattle hospital.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports Linda Hart and her sister suffered burns escaping from the house.
They were taken to Harborview Medical Center where the sister, Cheryl Hart, is in satisfactory condition.
The deputy chief with Yakima County Fire District 5, Kevin Frazier, says the women reported discovering smoke coming from behind a couch, and the fire flared up when they tried to move the couch.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties