MEDFORD, Ore. - A former Marine whose home was hit by a bullet in a drive-by shooting Saturday has armed himself to protect the neighborhood in the community of White City, near Medford.
Tucker Campagna tells the Mail Tribune (http://bit.ly/1mh4X0M) the best way to fight fire is with fire.
The 35-year-old has been patrolling his neighborhood armed with a military-style rifle and .45-caliber handgun.
Some neighbors have joined in the armed community watch, and they say it will continue until they are confident in their safety.
The Jackson County sheriff's department and Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement detectives are investigating the drive-by shooting. No one was injured.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image