MEDFORD, Ore. - A former Marine whose home was hit by a bullet in a drive-by shooting Saturday has armed himself to protect the neighborhood in the community of White City, near Medford.
Tucker Campagna tells the Mail Tribune (http://bit.ly/1mh4X0M) the best way to fight fire is with fire.
The 35-year-old has been patrolling his neighborhood armed with a military-style rifle and .45-caliber handgun.
Some neighbors have joined in the armed community watch, and they say it will continue until they are confident in their safety.
The Jackson County sheriff's department and Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement detectives are investigating the drive-by shooting. No one was injured.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday