WENATCHEE, Wash. - A brush fire on a hillside behind a Wenatchee neighborhood is threatening eight homes.
Fire officials told residents to be ready to evacuate as the wildfire spread to several ridge lines behind the community on Sunday morning.
The Wenatchee World reports the fire reported at 2:15 a.m. came within 20 feet of one house on Skyline Drive.
Fire spokeswoman Kay McKellar says the cause of the fire is under investigation. About 100 firefighters are on the scene. A helicopter is also dropping water on the fire.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time