Missoula, MT - A 60-year-old Washington state woman was killed when her car drifted off Interstate 90 in western Montana and crashed into a tree.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the crash happened at 5:30 p.m. Thursday near Saltese, about 11 miles from the Idaho border.
Trooper Rich Hader says an initial investigation indicates the woman's car drifted off the road, hit a guardrail and then crossed both eastbound lanes before crashing into a tree in the median.
The woman died at the scene. Her name was being withheld while family members are notified.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives