OLYMPIA, Wash. - There goes the marijuana party bus idea.
Washington state regulators have told charter and tour bus operators that marijuana use by passengers is prohibited.
A notice issued Thursday by the state Utilities and Transportation Commission cited the health and safety of drivers who would be exposed to smoke. It also said the buses and passengers are considered to be in view of the public, where marijuana consumption is prohibited.
Some people had dreamed that recreational marijuana could be enjoyed on party buses.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march