The gunman accused of killing a dozen people at Navy Yard in Washington D.C. has ties to the Pacific Northwest.
According to KOMO-TV, 34-year-old Aaron Alexis once lived in Seattle and it's believed his family still has a home in south Seattle.
In 2004, Alexis was charged with shooting out the tires on a car belonging to a construction worker remodeling another home in the Seattle neighborhood.
In a police report, he said went into an angered fueled rage because he thought the construction worker and others were mocking him. The charges were later dropped.
On Monday, one neighbor said she believes she saw Alexis in the neighborhood about six months ago.
"It's shocking," the neighbor added.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults