OLYMPIA, Wash. - Nearly 3,000 businesses in Washington may receive refunds of a $125 fee they mistakenly paid, thinking it was a government requirement.
The attorney general's office is suing the Mandatory Poster Agency for about $360,000 in restitution, plus penalties that could amount to millions more.
The office says Mandatory Poster Agency sent businesses an official-looking document saying they owed the fee to satisfy corporate requirements. No such fee is required.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March