OLYMPIA, Wash. - Nearly 3,000 businesses in Washington may receive refunds of a $125 fee they mistakenly paid, thinking it was a government requirement.
The attorney general's office is suing the Mandatory Poster Agency for about $360,000 in restitution, plus penalties that could amount to millions more.
The office says Mandatory Poster Agency sent businesses an official-looking document saying they owed the fee to satisfy corporate requirements. No such fee is required.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car