AUBURN, Wash. - Police say blood on flooring and towels found burning along a road in the south Seattle suburb of Auburn is that of a 30-year-old Puyallup, Washington man.
Auburn police Cmdr. Mike Hirman said Friday that Brandon Shane Zomalt is likely a homicide victim but no body has been found. Police say no one has reported Zomalt missing.
Hirman says Zomalt was last seen two weeks before the discovery of the bloody material off Peasley Canyon Road on Aug. 13.
Detectives are asking for help from the public to determine the man's activities leading up to that time.
A federal agent spotted a fire in a wooded area along the road, called 911 and pulled over to put out the flames. He also saw a man rushing to get into a dark-colored SUV.
The News Tribune reports that Zomalt has convictions in Pierce County for felony harassment.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech