PUYALLUP, Wash. - Police in Puyallup, Wash., say a 13-year-old boy has died in what they're investigating as an unintentional shooting by a juvenile friend.
The News Tribune says the Pierce County medical examiner's office has identified the boy who died as Eddie Holmes of Puyallup.
Police spokesman Scott Engle says officers responded to a home Thursday afternoon and found a boy trying to help the 13-year-old, who had been shot in the chest. The teen died later at a hospital.
Police say several boys were at the home after school when the boy who lived there pulled out a shotgun to show to the others. Police say a second boy grabbed the firearm and the 13-year-old ended up shot. No adults were present at the time.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives