SEATTLE - It's been a warm summer in Seattle.
The National Weather Service says it was the warmest July and August on record in the city with an average temperature of 69.2 degrees. That broke the record of 68.8 degrees in 1967. Last summer was the third-warmest at 68.7.
Forecasters say the average high temperature the past two months in Seattle was 80 degrees. The average low was 58.4.
The Weather Service expects highs in the 70s the next couple of days in Western Washington as rain and showers move through. Winds from the passing cold front could blow dust and fan wildfires in Eastern Washington.
Forecasters expect a warming trend this weekend with highs back in the 80s across Washington.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults