POCATELLO, Idaho - The warden of the Pocatello Women's Correctional Center in eastern Idaho has been removed from the post following a misdemeanor DUI arrest.
The Idaho State Journal reports that 50-year-old Nancy Espeseth has pleaded not guilty, and that a pre-trial hearing is set for Dec. 10.
Espeseth was arrested in Bingham County on Oct. 12.
Idaho Department of Corrections Prisons Chief Jeff Zmuda in an Oct. 22 email to the state Prisons Division said Espeseth is remaining with the organization in another capacity.
A selection process has started for a new warden. Deputy Warden Lee Ann Hamilton has been the acting warden since Espeseth's departure.
Espeseth began her career with the Idaho Department of Corrections in 1999 as a correctional officer at the Twin Falls Community Work Center.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time