POCATELLO, Idaho - The warden of the Pocatello Women's Correctional Center in eastern Idaho has been removed from the post following a misdemeanor DUI arrest.
The Idaho State Journal reports that 50-year-old Nancy Espeseth has pleaded not guilty, and that a pre-trial hearing is set for Dec. 10.
Espeseth was arrested in Bingham County on Oct. 12.
Idaho Department of Corrections Prisons Chief Jeff Zmuda in an Oct. 22 email to the state Prisons Division said Espeseth is remaining with the organization in another capacity.
A selection process has started for a new warden. Deputy Warden Lee Ann Hamilton has been the acting warden since Espeseth's departure.
Espeseth began her career with the Idaho Department of Corrections in 1999 as a correctional officer at the Twin Falls Community Work Center.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties