BOZEMAN, Mont. - A Washington state man who fled westbound in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 90 after snatching a woman's purse in a Belgrade grocery store parking lot has been sentenced to five years in prison.
District Judge Mike Salvagni sentenced 24-year-old Joshua Norman Bolton of Spokane on Monday for felony criminal endangerment and misdemeanor theft by accountability.
Prosecutors say another man knocked an elderly woman to the ground last July 15 and grabbed her purse and that Bolton sped away with the woman's arm still in the vehicle as she tried to retrieve her bag. The woman told the judge the vehicle missed her head by just inches as it sped away.
Co-defendant Kenneth Lohman of Auburn, Wash., was sentenced in February to six months in jail for misdemeanor theft.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting