BOZEMAN, Mont. - A Washington state man who fled westbound in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 90 after snatching a woman's purse in a Belgrade grocery store parking lot has been sentenced to five years in prison.
District Judge Mike Salvagni sentenced 24-year-old Joshua Norman Bolton of Spokane on Monday for felony criminal endangerment and misdemeanor theft by accountability.
Prosecutors say another man knocked an elderly woman to the ground last July 15 and grabbed her purse and that Bolton sped away with the woman's arm still in the vehicle as she tried to retrieve her bag. The woman told the judge the vehicle missed her head by just inches as it sped away.
Co-defendant Kenneth Lohman of Auburn, Wash., was sentenced in February to six months in jail for misdemeanor theft.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday