Hermiston, OR - The city of Hermiston got hit with a nasty computer virus this week.
Hermiston Police Chief Jason Edmiston tells the East Oregonian newspaper that the virus spread like wildfire from a police department computer after a detective opened an email and clicked on an attachment that looked like a faxed document.
A team from the Inter-Mountain Education Service District was called in to clear city computers, saving the police department for last.
Edmiston says virus did not appear to do any lasting damage, but it cost a lot of staff hours.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods