Hermiston, OR - The city of Hermiston got hit with a nasty computer virus this week.
Hermiston Police Chief Jason Edmiston tells the East Oregonian newspaper that the virus spread like wildfire from a police department computer after a detective opened an email and clicked on an attachment that looked like a faxed document.
A team from the Inter-Mountain Education Service District was called in to clear city computers, saving the police department for last.
Edmiston says virus did not appear to do any lasting damage, but it cost a lot of staff hours.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'