Missoula, MT - A Missoula man who suffered serious burns in a fire at the auto body shop where he worked has died at a Seattle hospital.
The Missoulian reports the family of Bruce Hall told the newspaper he suffered third-degree burns over 95 percent of his body in the fire Monday morning at Rick's Auto Body. The family said Hall died at 5 a.m. Tuesday at Harborview Medical Center.
Missoula Fire Marshal Gordy Hughes says Hall was pouring lacquer thinner from a large barrel into a smaller container using a funnel Monday morning when static electricity caused the fumes to ignite.
Hughes says a second worker was treated for burns and vapor inhalation and released from a Missoula hospital.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image