Missoula, MT - Authorities have released the name of a 25-year-old Ronan man who died in a three-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 93 in Lake County.
Foster Funeral Home said the victim was Vernon James "Toby" Fischer Jr.
The Montana Highway Patrol says Fischer was northbound near the town of Ravalli at about 3 a.m. Sunday when he lost control of his car and collided with a southbound Dodge Avenger driven by a 25-year-old Missoula woman. Fischer's car then went off the road and landed on its top.
The Missoulian reports Fischer's passengers -- a 26-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man -- were injured, as was the woman driving the Dodge.
Another southbound vehicle veered into the ditch to avoid hitting the Dodge. Neither occupant was injured.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity