HAMILTON, Mont. - The files of about 200 clients of the Valley Veterans Service Center in Hamilton have been returned to the center.
The center was closed for about two weeks in March after veterans complained that former claims agent Dan Rachell had become verbally abusive and had threatened the president.
Rachell told the Ravalli Republic (http://bit.ly/1mapCae) the Veterans Administration advised him to remove the files to protect client privacy. The files contained medical records and other information the veterans submitted to apply for benefits.
Rachell resigned after being charged.
Veterans center board chairman Bill Jette says the files were returned Monday by a law enforcement officer. Jette says employees are going through the files to make sure nothing is missing.
Jette says all but five files taken from the office were returned.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home