BILLINGS, Mont. - A Billings veteran died just hours after returning from a Big Sky Honor Flight trip to Washington, D.C.
Jeff Buska tells The Billings Gazette his father Donald had the time of his life on the trip Sunday and Monday. The 86-year-old veteran visited the National Mall, several monuments and shook hands with schoolchildren.
Two Japanese tourists asked to take pictures with him. He agreed, in exchange for a hug.
Donald Buska attended a banquet Sunday night, visited the National World War II Memorial on Monday and was impressed with the send-off at Dulles International Airport and the reception when he returned to Billings.
Jeff Buska says they stayed up until midnight as his dad shared the highlights of the trip with some of his children.
Donald Buska died four hours later.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march