Oak Grove, OR - The Clackamas County sheriff's office says a vandal at a county library has been cutting or tearing pages from the middle of books, mainly mystery and science fiction volumes.
Librarians say those books are farthest from the main desk at the Oak Lodge Library at Oak Grove and hardest to monitor.
The sheriff's office said Monday that 122 books have been found damaged in the past few weeks. It said the librarians believe the damage is being done in the library itself rather than to books checked out.
The damage is estimated at more than $2,700.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults