PORTLAND, Ore. - An 18-year-old Vancouver woman was struck and killed by a charter bus Sunday afternoon in Portland.
A witness told The Oregonian he saw her step into the crosswalk with the light in her favor when she was hit by the bus turning a corner.
Another witness banged on the side of the bus to make the driver stop.
The victim was identified by the Multnomah County Medical Examiner's Office as 18-year-old Monserrat Hernandez Garcia of Vancouver.
The bus is own by Seattle-based MTR Western. Company CEO Mark Waechter told The Oregonian in an email its thoughts and prayers were with the victim's family and it's cooperating with investigators.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital