PORTLAND, Ore. - An 18-year-old Vancouver woman was struck and killed by a charter bus Sunday afternoon in Portland.
A witness told The Oregonian he saw her step into the crosswalk with the light in her favor when she was hit by the bus turning a corner.
Another witness banged on the side of the bus to make the driver stop.
The victim was identified by the Multnomah County Medical Examiner's Office as 18-year-old Monserrat Hernandez Garcia of Vancouver.
The bus is own by Seattle-based MTR Western. Company CEO Mark Waechter told The Oregonian in an email its thoughts and prayers were with the victim's family and it's cooperating with investigators.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting