SEATTLE - The University of Washington plans to build a $124 million animal research laboratory underground in the southwest corner of the campus in Seattle.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reports the university has filed plans with the city for the two-level, 42,000-square-foot Animal Research and Care Facility. It will consolidate animal holding areas and house the Department of Comparative Medicine and Non-Human Primate Center.
The university says building the research lab underground will preserve a campus view of Portage Bay.
The city Department of Planning and Development plans a design review Friday.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults