Oregon City, OR - A rafter missing on the Clackamas River has been found in good condition.
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says 21-year-old Bryton Schmidt called his parents Monday morning from his home in Battle Ground, Wash.
Roughly 45 minutes before the phone call, a couple driving near Carver reported seeing a hitchhiker who was wearing only shorts, and appeared cold and dirty.
Schmidt was reported missing by a friend Sunday night when they failed to meet up at Carver Park.
The two had launched about 4 p.m. at Barton Park and became separated as it grew dark while they were on the water.
The sheriff's office says Schmidt was last seen walking through a shallow finger of the river with a partially deflated float tube. He was reported to be intoxicated.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved