Helena, MT - A Wilsall rancher with no political experience says he will run for the U.S. Senate.
Dirk Adams said that he decided to run after a long list of Democrats declined to run for the seat being vacated by U.S. Sen. Max Baucus.
The 62-year-old said he spent much of his working life as a banker in San Francisco in order to put together a ranch he started buying in 1984.
Federal Election Commission records show a smattering of campaign donations. Most are to Republicans, including 2002 unsuccessful Senate candidate Mike Taylor.
Adams said he is a lifelong Democrat, and that the donations were often related to his work in the banking business.
In an interview last week, Adams said he plans to introduce himself to Democrats before launching a formal campaign.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River