BLACKFOOT, Idaho - Eight empty rail cars on a northbound Union Pacific Railroad train derailed in Blackfoot in southeast Idaho and blocked traffic for a few hours.
Union Pacific spokesman Aaron Hunt says the cars derailed at about 11 a.m. Tuesday.
He says there are no injuries and officials are still investigating what caused the derailment.
The Idaho Transportation Department says the road between Sexton and Bridge streets was closed for about four hours.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River