BOZEMAN, Mont. - Authorities searching for a missing hunter in south-central Montana say they have found a man's body.
Park County Sheriff Scott Hamilton said Wednesday that authorities are not able to identify the body and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
The body was found dressed in camouflage at the bottom of a cliff during the search for Mark Rollins of Decorah, Iowa. Rollins' wife reported him overdue from a hunting trip.
A group of hunters told a U.S. Forest Service officer they'd met a man in his 60s in the Crazy Mountains on Sept 20. They said he appeared well-equipped, but they were concerned when he hadn't returned to his vehicle by Tuesday.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports the search began Tuesday and continued Wednesday with search dogs and a helicopter.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured