Umatilla, OR - Add Umatilla to the list of Oregon cities with a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
The East Oregonian newspaper reports (http://is.gd/yu1ou5 ) the City Council voted this week to prevent the facilities from operating within city limits for the next year.
City Manager Bob Ward says the moratorium gives Umatilla time to establish reasonable restrictions on location and hours of operation.
The ordinance passed without discussion, but the council heard testimony from Michael Parker, owner of the Columbia Basin Compassion Center on Highway 395 south of Umatilla.
He asked the council to use the year to work with dispensaries on the issue instead of putting off the discussion.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults