SEATTLE - A delegation from the United Kingdom is in Seattle Thursday to give state officials advice on reducing carbon pollution.
The UK group is meeting with Washington Gov. Jay Inslee and his newly formed panel, which is charged with recommending a market-based system to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Last fall, Inslee and the UK's minister for energy and climate change, Greg Barker, entered into a partnership. They agreed to work together to find market-based solutions, such as a cap and trade program, to tackle climate change.
The governor's office says the UK delegation will brief the governor's panel on carbon markets worldwide.
Inslee formed his carbon emissions reduction task force as part of an executive order he signed last month.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives