NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - Two people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after a crash on State Route 290 at Idaho Road, about a mile west of Newman Lake.
According to Washington State Patrol, a log truck was heading west on 290 and collided with a white sedan heading south on Idaho Road that failed to yield at the intersection.
The driver of the truck was ejected from his vehicle and both drivers were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
WSP says it appears the driver of the sedan was intoxicated at the time.
They are continuing to investigate.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods