TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A south-central Idaho man police say went on a spending spree with someone else's lost credit cards before misplacing the cards himself ended up being arrested after returning to a motel looking for them.
The Times-News reports that 22-year-old Justin James Russell was arraigned Friday on four counts of criminal possession of a financial transaction card.
Police say that Russell on June 11 returned to a Motel 6 looking for the cards. A housekeeper later found them and turned them over to a manager who noticed the name on the cards didn't match Russell's.
Police say the man whose name is on the cards lost them June 8 at Shoshone Falls.
Police say Russell purchased about $1,200 worth of merchandise at Walmart between June 8 and 9.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech