OLYMPIA, Wash. - TV and radio ads in support of a campaign to prevent the expansion of gun sale background checks begin next week, according to campaign supporters.
Protect Our Gun Rights announced in an email Thursday that the ads would begin on Monday and will initially run a week unless they can raise more money to keep them running longer. The group is behind Initiative 591, which would also prohibit confiscation of firearms without due process.
The group said that the 30-second TV ad will run statewide on FOX News, and that it will run on CNN, HLN and CNBC in western Washington. The radio ads will run on stations in Seattle, Olympia, Spokane and Vancouver, said Alan Gottlieb, chairman for Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, who is leading the campaign for I-591.
I-591 is competing against Initiative 594, which is pushing for universal background checks on gun sales and transfers.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives