SEATTLE - The Washington State Patrol says a 28-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail on suspicion of drunken driving after a crash that damaged two patrol cars and injured a trooper on Interstate 5 in Seattle.
Trooper Cliff Pratt says the two state patrol cars were stopped with emergency lights at the scene of a previous accident on the Ship Canal bridge about 11 p.m. Monday when the driver of a Honda Civic rear-ended one patrol car, pushing it into the other.
Pratt says a trooper who was inside one car was treated at Northwest Hospital for neck and back pain. The other trooper was outside the car at the time and not hurt.
One patrol car was totaled but the other may be repairable.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some