OLYMPIA, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a trooper fired into a car that attempted to back into the trooper after a chase that ended with a collision on Interstate 5 near Olympia.
Trooper Guy Gill says no one was hit by the shot Sunday night and the trooper was not injured.
The driver of the car, a 27-year-old Lacey man, was arrested for investigation of charges that include drunken driving, eluding and assault.
The patrol says he failed to pull over for a traffic stop, lost control and hit another vehicle on an off-ramp. The patrol says he attempted to back into the trooper who was on foot, and the trooper fired a shot into the rear of the vehicle. The car drove off and hit another car.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives