Newberg, OR - About 50 people rallied over the weekend at George Fox University and delivered petitions in support of a transgender student in a housing dispute.
The student lived in a female dorm for the past year but wants to live with male friends next year on campus, after completing a transition to become a man.
The university told KPTV it's a Christ-centered community that keeps residences single-sex because of theological commitments. The university has offered to let the student live alone in a single room or off-campus. The student has turned down that option and has a lawyer to help fight for campus housing with males.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position