Newberg, OR - About 50 people rallied over the weekend at George Fox University and delivered petitions in support of a transgender student in a housing dispute.
The student lived in a female dorm for the past year but wants to live with male friends next year on campus, after completing a transition to become a man.
The university told KPTV it's a Christ-centered community that keeps residences single-sex because of theological commitments. The university has offered to let the student live alone in a single room or off-campus. The student has turned down that option and has a lawyer to help fight for campus housing with males.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting