NEWBERG, Ore. - About 50 people rallied over the weekend at George Fox University and delivered petitions in support of a transgender student in a housing dispute.
The student lived in a female dorm for the past year but wants to live with male friends next year on campus, after completing a transition to become a man.
The university told KPTV it's a Christ-centered community that keeps residences single-sex because of theological commitments. The university has offered to let the student live alone in a single room or off-campus. The student has turned down that option and has a lawyer to help fight for campus housing with males.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump