PROSSER, Wash. - An SUV that was chased by Richland police early Thursday was hit by a train near Prosser.
The Benton County sheriff's office says no one was in the car when it was hit about 4:20 a.m. by a Burlington Northern Santa Fe freight train.
The Tri-City Herald reports police had called off the chase about a half hour earlier and the driver apparently left the car on the tracks.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017