MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. - The owner of a truck that was broken into early Tuesday in Maple Valley is an ex-Marine with a concealed weapons permit.
The King County sheriff's office says he was armed when he took his dog for a walk and discovered someone in his pickup.
Deputy Charlie Akers says the owner and the other man both pulled their guns. After about a dozen shots were fired the owner was unharmed and the other man was dead.
Akers says the man and a woman, both in their 20s, had apparently arrived at the location in a stolen car. It's unclear if they were trying to steal the pickup or were just searching it for valuables to steal.
The woman was arrested on an outstanding burglary warrant and may face additional charges.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital