BURLINGTON, Wash. - The suspect in the Washington state mall shooting has a criminal record that includes domestic-violence assault charges.
The Seattle Times reports that Skagit County court records show three such charges for 20-year-old Arcan Cetin in both Burlington, Washington, and Island County, with the victim identified as Cetin's stepfather. The newspaper reports Cetin also was arrested for drunken driving.
Court records show Cetin was told by a judge on Dec. 29 that he was not to possess a firearm, the newspaper reported.
However, the stepfather urged the judge not to impose a no-contact order, saying his stepson was "going through a hard time."
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone