OLYMPIA, Wash. - State officials expect more than 80 percent of Washington voters to return their ballots for Tuesday's election.
As of Monday evening, the secretary of state's office reported that more than 2 million ballots had already been received. The number of registered voters is more than 4.2 million.
Record turnout for the state was during the 2008 election, when 84.6 percent of voters participated. In 2012, turnout was 81.3 percent.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives