OLYMPIA, Wash. - State officials expect more than 80 percent of Washington voters to return their ballots for Tuesday's election.
As of Monday evening, the secretary of state's office reported that more than 2 million ballots had already been received. The number of registered voters is more than 4.2 million.
Record turnout for the state was during the 2008 election, when 84.6 percent of voters participated. In 2012, turnout was 81.3 percent.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March