PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A judge has found probable cause to detain a 17-year-old boy under investigation in the death and sexual assault of a 6-year-old Washington girl.
Prosecutors in Kitsap County filed court documents Monday saying they had enough evidence to hold Gabriel Gaeta on suspicion of first-degree murder with aggravating circumstances, felony murder and first-degree rape of a child.
Judge Kevin Hull set bail at $1 million.
Gaeta arrived at Kitsap County Superior Court with a black jacket over his head. He spoke softly as he answered Hull's question.
The judge also granted prosecutors' request for a mental-health evaluation for the teen.
A message left with Gaeta's lawyer was not immediately returned.
The parents of Jenise Wright attended the hearing and sat in the second row.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives