CHEHALIS, Wash. - The Lewis County sheriff's office says a Port Orchard teen is presumed drowned in a river near the southeast corner of Mount Rainier National Park.
The sheriff's office says the 17-year-old was taking photos with friends Friday when he slipped and fell in the cold and fast-moving Ohanapecosh River near the Cedar Grove campground.
The friends tried to reach him with a stick when he was caught in an eddy, but he was swept away.
County searchers and park rangers have been unable to find him.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time