CHEHALIS, Wash. - The Lewis County sheriff's office says a Port Orchard teen is presumed drowned in a river near the southeast corner of Mount Rainier National Park.
The sheriff's office says the 17-year-old was taking photos with friends Friday when he slipped and fell in the cold and fast-moving Ohanapecosh River near the Cedar Grove campground.
The friends tried to reach him with a stick when he was caught in an eddy, but he was swept away.
County searchers and park rangers have been unable to find him.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home