EUGENE, Ore. - A North Eugene High School student who hit her head while skateboarding Saturday has died of her injury.
The Register-Guard reports (http://bit.ly/1n3AjrQ) the family of 17-year-old Jarah Nicole Graham notified the school district and Principal Eric Anderson emailed families about counseling available Monday to students dealing with her loss.
Police say Graham was skateboarding with friends on the Interstate 5 footbridge near Gateway Mall when she crashed. She was not wearing a helmet.
She continued riding and walking for several blocks until her friends noticed she was having difficulty breathing. She was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line