TACOMA, Wash. - A 16-year-old accused of beating his father to death with a cane and putting his body in a backyard bin has been charged in Tacoma with second-degree murder.
Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist says Ryan Salzman was upset that his father Richard Salzman had argued with his mother over the phone and beat him to death June 6 then hid the body on the property of the Tacoma home.
The mother reported her husband missing the following day. The teen told her about the killing on Tuesday and police found the body of the 49-year-old in the backyard bin covered with cat litter, oil and dirt.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car