SEATTLE - Authorities say a 15-year-old Lynnwood boy died after falling during a hike in Mount Pilchuck.
King 5 reports that the boy was on the Lake 22 trail when he fell. The teen's friends called 911 around 7:45 p.m. Saturday to report their friend had fallen and they couldn't see him.
A crew in a helicopter spotted the teen but by the time a ground rescue reached him, he was dead.
His body was retrieved Sunday morning.
The teen was hiking with his brother and friends.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance