SEATTLE - Authorities say a 15-year-old Lynnwood boy died after falling during a hike in Mount Pilchuck.
King 5 reports that the boy was on the Lake 22 trail when he fell. The teen's friends called 911 around 7:45 p.m. Saturday to report their friend had fallen and they couldn't see him.
A crew in a helicopter spotted the teen but by the time a ground rescue reached him, he was dead.
His body was retrieved Sunday morning.
The teen was hiking with his brother and friends.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives