VANCOUVER, Wash. - A 17-year-old boy has been accused of setting the fire that destroyed Crestline Elementary School in Vancouver.
Dylan Mork was issued a criminal summons Tuesday to appear in Clark County Juvenile Court on May 21 on a possible arson charge.
The lawyer for the Vancouver boy, Jack Green, says Mork and his parents have been cooperating with law enforcement.
Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli tells The Columbian the case was investigated with the help of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Damaged from the three-alarm fire on Feb. 3, 2013, is estimated at $8 million.
A new school under construction should be ready for teachers by August.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River