PORTLAND, Ore. - Tests have confirmed tuberculosis in Tusko, the third elephant at the Oregon Zoo in Portland with the respiratory disease.
Veterinarians are beginning an 18-month treatment regimen for the 44-year-old male Asian elephant.
Two other bull elephants, Packy and Rama, are being treated for TB that was diagnosed last year at the zoo.
The zoo said Tuesday that four female elephants and the 5-year-old male Samudra have all tested negative.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting