PORTLAND, Ore. - Tests have confirmed tuberculosis in Tusko, the third elephant at the Oregon Zoo in Portland with the respiratory disease.
Veterinarians are beginning an 18-month treatment regimen for the 44-year-old male Asian elephant.
Two other bull elephants, Packy and Rama, are being treated for TB that was diagnosed last year at the zoo.
The zoo said Tuesday that four female elephants and the 5-year-old male Samudra have all tested negative.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting