TACOMA, Wash. - A Tacoma woman riding in a taxi was killed in a collision with a pickup truck early Tuesday on Highway 167 east of Tacoma.
The Washington State Patrol says the pickup truck crossed the centerline and collided with the taxi minivan as it tried to swerve.
The collision just after midnight killed 34-year-old Shanna Huttenstine of Tacoma. A 36-year-old Tacoma man who also was a passenger was injured and taken to a Tacoma hospital. The driver of the taxi, a 52-year-old Seattle man, was taken to a Puyallup hospital.
The patrol says the driver of the pickup, a 48-year-old Puyallup man, had injuries that did not require treatment at a hospital.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting