HAILEY, Idaho - The father and mother of the only known U.S. prisoner of war plan to speak on Saturday afternoon to a crowd in their hometown just days after his Taliban captors announced they want to exchange him for prisoners being held at Guantanamo Bay.
Bob and Jani Bergdahl were already on a list of speakers at the "Bring Bowe Back" celebration in Hailey, Idaho, when the Taliban proposed the prisoner swap on Thursday.
Organizer Stefanie O'Neill said the parents of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, captured four years ago June 30, haven't wavered in their pledge to address the crowd, which will include as many as 1,000 POW-MIA activists aboard motorcycles riding into town.
Bob Bergdahl plans to ride his son's dirt bike as part of the procession.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River