TACOMA, Wash. - A 20-year-old Tacoma woman remains in Pierce County Jail on $500,000 bail accused of assaulting her 9-month old son last month.
The News Tribune reports that Pierce County prosecutors charged Elida Rose Reeves with first-degree child assault. A not guilty plea was entered on her behalf at a hearing earlier this week.
Court records show Reeves brought her son into Mary Bridge Children's Hospital on Tuesday and told hospital staff the boy was having seizures. Records show doctors and nurses examined the boy and found he was suffering from cerebral hemorrhaging and other injuries to his body.
Prosecutors contend she punched, squeezed and shook her son.
Court records show the boy was in critical condition on Thursday.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River